The Energy Delivery Department of Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU) currently has openings for highly skilled apprentice or journey level Substation Electricians to install, maintain and repair electric substation equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Operates, installs, maintains, tests and repairs power circuit breakers, switches, power transformers, panel boards, battery systems, distribution apparatus from 12V (DC) through 230KV (AC).
· Performs electrical/mechanical troubleshooting as required to assure substation equipment control circuits function as intended.
· Remedies substation outages.
· Executes transmission and distribution voltage class switching orders.
· Wires substation control panels and related equipment
To be considered for this position you must have graduated from high school or have an acceptable equivalency diploma; completion of an approved apprentice level Substation Electrician training program and three (3) years' experience in the installation, repair, and maintenance of substation equipment or five or more years of relevant substation electrician experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.